Bellwood Health Services is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction and Mental Health Treatment Centre, with over 30-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect. Bellwood is looking to hire a full time counsellor on a 1-year employment contract.
Primary responsibilities will be to provide individual, group and family therapy, education and ongoing assessment of progress to Bellwood clients. Case coordination and communication across an inter-professional team is an integral component of the role. Additionally counsellor is responsible for communicating with referral agencies, offering support, and guidance to clients and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Competently manages clients with various addictions and mental health issues, including substance abuse, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Sexual Addiction, Eating Disorders, Problem Gambling, and other Mental Health Disorders.
- Works therapeutically with diverse client population through group therapy, or other process groups, individual and family therapy and assessment, as required.
- Delivers education sessions to Bellwood clients, as well as to public audiences and external groups as needed.
- Identifies treatment issues and goals with clients, coordinating across broader clinical teams when appropriate.
- Collaborates in the development, implementation and follow-up of the client care plan and discharge plans (i.e. continuing care plan).
- Completes detailed documentation and charting appropriately. Prepares reports or correspondence in timely manner.
- Case management of client caseload.
- Participates in weekly meetings and consultation meetings of teams – makes recommendations on basis of the client progress.
- Orients clients in treatment to the continuing care program.
- Supporting a framework of accountability for clients in their recovery.
- Liaise with referral sources, aftercare providers, EAP representative, parole and probation officers, verbally, electronically and/or in writing on a weekly basis and documents same.
- Update families on an as needed basis, arrange for family consultation when needed.
- Engages in personal professional development, maintains appropriate professional associations, and provides current documentation to the Human Resources Department.
- Provides supervision for students in placement at Bellwood.
- Undertakes Quality Assurance activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three -five years of clinical experience
- Master Degree in regulated health care professionals program preferred
- Current registration with a regulated professional College (ie: college of SW, College of Psychotherapists)
- CBT, DBT and strengths based therapies considered an asset
- Experience with individuals with concurrent disorders
- Experience in residential setting
- Role models excellence in patient care and serves as a mentor for the team
- Demonstrated excellent communication, facilitation and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality improvement
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at [email protected]. We will also accept resumes via mail or fax at (416) 495-7943. For further information, please visit our website at www.bellwood.ca.
Bellwood is an employment equity employer.
If you should require accommodation during the interview process please contact human resources.