Have you begun to realize that you need professional help with your substance abuse, gambling, eating disorder or sex addiction? You’ve started to Google and read about various treatment facilities but still are not sure which one to choose.
Bellwood has developed a list of questions to help you choose a suitable addiction treatment centre that will meet your needs. Choosing your treatment provider is one of the most important decisions you will make in recovery.
Addiction treatment is an investment in your overall health. Make sure you understand all the facts!
- What are the treatment centre’s success rates? Do they measure outcomes?
- Are the success rates valid? What process was used to determine and validate their results? Who was involved?
- Is the facility accredited? Did the facility go through an independent health review to evaluate the quality of their services?
- Is there 24/7 medical care? Do they offer limited off-site support or full-time on-site support by a medical team?
- What are the qualifications and credentials of the treatment staff?
- How many years of experience does the treatment centre have?
- Will you receive comprehensive care from a multi-disciplinary team? Who will provide the treatment for you? Addiction doctor, therapist, counsellor, nutritionist etc.
- Will there be a nutritionist to address your nutritional needs?
- What type of help is available for families and loved ones?
- Are there continuing care or aftercare programs available? Do they provide programs to help you continue to maintain sobriety once you graduate from your treatment program?
- What is the reimbursement policy?
To read a more comprehensive version of this list, please visit the following link: Questions to Ask a Treatment Provider