Bellwood Health Services is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction Treatment Centre, with over 35-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect. Bellwood is currently looking to hire two (2) part -time Support Counsellors to support CTAP.
Support Counsellor Description:
The Support Counsellor designated to CTAP works directly with the CTAP team to assist in the coordination and delivery of care to the clients. The Support Counsellor provides support and education to clients and families during all phases of treatment. Specific duties and procedures are outlined below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate with team members in the assessment, planning and evaluation of the client treatment plan
- Orientate, facilitate and reinforce client’s involvement in addiction and trauma treatment
- Support Activation and Exposure programming including attending groups, signing out clients and accompanying clients in the community as required
- Provide brief, supportive counselling and health teaching to clients, families/natural support on recovery and lifestyle issues throughout all stages of recovery
- Maintain a therapeutic environment conducive to the client learning productive patterns of living
- Assist in the admission and discharge procedures of clients
- Attends to and intervenes on any client safety issues that are observed
- Maintain current charting on clients
- Ensure appropriate supplies and equipment meet the needs of daily program, including administrative tasks, such as photocopying
- Maintain professional standards and participate in In-service and continued educational activities
- Adheres to the behaviours outlined in our policies and procedures that promote client safety
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and professional boundaries
- Other duties as assigned
- Social/Human Services Worker or Addiction Counselling Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent de-escalation and conflict resolution skills required
- Two (2) years clinical experience in treatment of the field of addiction, trauma and mental health preferred
- Experience in a residential environment preferred
- Experience working on an interprofessional team an asset
- Good critical thinking skills
- Strong written/documentation skills
You will be required to work evenings and weekends and will work 8 hour shifts.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at [email protected]. We will also accept resumes via mail or fax at (416) 495-7943. For further information, please visit our website at www.bellwood.ca.
Bellwood Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, EHN Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.