Title: Call Centre Operations Manager, Admissions
Reports to: VP Operations and Marketing
EHN Canada is the country’s largest provider of mental health and addiction services, with inpatient operations in most provinces and an in-person and virtual outpatient program. It has tripled in size over the past four years as it adds new locations and programs. It now helps over 2000 patients and their families each year and work with governments and employers across Canada.
EHN Canada is a company with a purpose. It believes that every Canadian has the right to mental health and addiction services that are accessible (i.e. little/no wait times); affordable (i.e. paid for by your government or employer) and excellent (i.e. using outcomes measurement and evidenced based practices). If it doesn’t do this, nobody else will.
EHN Canada is constantly innovating, with new programs such as parents with kids, eating disorders, mood and anxiety programming, and a youth intensive outpatient program.
EHN Canada has a wide market presence which includes referrals and advertising. This generates a large amount of inbound phone calls and online inquiries from potential patients with mental health conditions, their families, or referring professionals. They seek to learn more about EHN’s programs before scheduling an admission.
All inquiries for programs in Eastern Canada (four locations) are serviced by the call centre at EHN Canada’s corporate headquarters in Toronto. This is typically the first point of live contact with patients. Since they often call in during a state of crises, this requires staff to be knowledgeable and compassionate.
The Call Centre Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing and developing internal operations for this department. They play a key role in managing external communication processes to ensure excellent customer service levels to potential clients, family members, and professional referral contacts.
This position will be tasked with upgrading the department by incorporating new technology, eliminating redundancy, creating regular data and metrics tracking reports, team design, lead flow design, sales process design, moving antiquated processes to electronic, creating a systematic flow of information to other departments, implementing quality assurance practices, training staff in consultative sales techniques, and then documenting standard operating procedures into a playbook used for scaling growth.
This upgrade will require consent and support from multiple stakeholders across the organization. The Call Centre Operations Manager will be the catalyst for this change, requiring them to possess long-term relationship building, collaboration, negotiation, and project management skills.
Since EHN Canada is growing rapidly, this position will be required to grow the department in a fast-paced startup environment.
Job Function & Duties
- Provide strong leadership to the admissions department in driving continuous improvement of intake and assessment processes.
- Work collaboratively with call centre supervisors to ensure the efficient and strategic use of call centre employees, which includes work allocation, resolution of clinical and administrative problems; and evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions.
- Work collaboratively with other areas of the organization to ensure clear communication and good case management.
- Identify development/training needs for the department and address through formal training, coaching, etc.
- To develop innovative procedures to expedite inquiries and admissions.
- Responsible for hiring, orientation, and payroll
- Evaluate performance issues to Director, Admissions as necessary
- Collaborate with the Business Development Team in liaising with employers, EAP, referral agents and other community agencies.
- Develop, implement and evaluate quality improvement activities, based on department indicators including the use of Salesforce data, monitoring calls of admissions staff etc.
- Review any questionable assessments and co-ordinate with Clinical Director or Clinical Lead of appropriate program for the final decision regarding appropriateness for admission or referral to alternate resources.
- Work collaboratively with clinical leads of other departments to create efficient process flows between departments to continually improve the quality of service for clients.
- Development and maintenance of all admissions policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development, implementation and follow-up of the client care plan when needed.
- Is attentive to and intervenes on any client safety issues that are observed. Adheres to the behaviours outlined in our policies and procedures that promote client safety.
- Oversees payroll, vacation requests and management of sick time
- Participle as required in EHN admission, marketing, and business development growth and quality assurance projects
- Participates in policy and procedure development and implementation as necessary and ensure staff are trained on new policies
- Actively participate in Accreditation activities
- Provides input into annual budget and works with facility Executive Directors to ensure monthly variance reports are monitored and discrepancies accounted for
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum undergraduate degree required
- Minimum five years call centre operations experience preferred
- Operations, process improvement, or project manage experience required
- Analytical skills including working knowledge of key call centre performance metrics and staffing models required
- Intermediate Excel and CRM skills preferred
- VOIP phone system experience
- Demonstrated commitment to patient-centred care
- Role models excellence in patient care and serves as a mentor for the team
- Demonstrated excellent communication, facilitation and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team
- Clinical and leadership skills, which develops and empowers members of the health care team in autonomous decision-making to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to provide leadership to projects and accomplish established goals
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality improvement
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
- Understanding of change process/theory and an ability to manage change
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Experience working with patients with concurrent disorders and residential settings
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at [email protected]. For further information, please visit our website at www.bellwood.ca.
Bellwood is an employment equity employer.
If you should require accommodation during the interview process please contact human resources.