The Edgewood Health Network (EHN) brings together a Canada wide network of addiction and mental health providers. EHN provides the finest comprehensive treatment options to patients, families, and first responders. Our network includes world-class inpatient treatment facilities in BC, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia and outpatient clinics across Canada. EHN has ambitious aspirations to continue to expand the network to offer the best possible care and support to our patients and clients, growing organically and through acquisition.
With a mandate to build an effective integrated business development team, EHN is looking to hire Business Development Representatives for Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto. Your responsibilities will include building awareness about the Edgewood Health Network (EHN) within communities across Canada with the goal of identifying and developing new connections, and maintaining existing relationships, for EHN. The Business Development Representative will focus primarily but not exclusively on representing all EHN facilities and programs reporting to the Vice President, Western Canada and/or Director of Business Development.
- Maintain and grow referent relationships with healthcare partners, national accounts, and corporations
- Participate in training exercises, including but not limited to ride-days, customer meetings, industry education, etc.
- Develop a detailed understanding of EHN programs and services including the adoption of clinical terms and industry specific market knowledge
- Promote clinical programs via in-person meetings, site tours, telephone networking, conferences, and presentations
- Facilitates and maintains consistent activity levels for the following: weekly prospect meetings, facility tours, referrals and admissions.
- Liaise with clinical programs to ensure business development activities are aligned Work closely with Senior Leadership and Marketing to help in the development of collateral marketing and sales materials required to support business development efforts
- Support other marketing activities as directed by Senior Leadership, such as attending conferences and assisting with market-driven strategies as required
- Maintain an accounting of business development activity in account management system
- Perform other related tasks as required by the Vice President, Western Canada and/or Director of Business Development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a solid understanding of consultative and solutions focused selling.
- Must have an aptitude for large account management: managing gatekeepers, influencing multiple decision makers, and understanding the complexities of a transaction.
- Must have ability to generate identify and establish referral sources within addiction/mental health field.
- Demonstrates professional behavior reflective of EHN’s Mission Statement, Philosophy and Values.
- Embraces and champions a Patient Centered Care focus throughout the organization.
- Possesses a working knowledge and understanding of substance abuse, addictions, recovery and co-occurring disorders among adults.
- Possesses a working knowledge of addictions and psychiatric treatment principles and practices for adults.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and succinctly communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of current and possible future policies, practices, trends and developments affecting the industry; knows the competition.
- Must be able to relate well to all kinds of people both inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Demonstrates an ability to listen attentively and actively; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others, even when the parties disagree.
- Must be able to orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of conflict; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration.
- Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps; develops schedules; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals and evaluates results.
- Must be effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on one, small and large groups, with peers and direct reports.
- Actively demonstrates a dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements from internal and external customers; gets first-hand information and uses it for improvements in products and services; always acts with the customer or patient in mind.
- Demonstrates ability to learn quickly when facing new problems or in obtaining new information; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying concepts.
- Must be able to deal with concepts and complexity comfortably and effectively.
- Must be able to travel extensively.
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Five or more years’ experience in, or a demonstrated aptitude for sales or account management
- Familiarity with, or experience in the field of mental health and addictions an asset
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, presentation, and written
- Experience with Salesforce (or another CRM) preferred
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- A self-directed, creative team player
- Proven ability to identify and develop key customer relationships with a proven track record of building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and demonstrated effective time management skills
Edgewood is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, EHN Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.Apply Now