Bellwood Health Services is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction Treatment Centre, with over 35-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect.
Title: Manager, Admissions
Reports to: Director, Admissions
The Manager of Admissions is responsible for overseeing and developing internal operations related to inquiry calls, assessments and admissions. The position also plays a key role in managing external communication processes to ensure excellent service levels to potential clients, family members, professional referral contacts and corporate customers.
Job Function and Duties:
- Provide strong leadership to the admissions department in driving continuous improvement of intake and assessment processes.
- Work collaboratively with Admissions Coordinators to ensure the efficient and strategic use of admissions employees, which includes work allocation, resolution of clinical and administrative problems; and evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions.
- Work collaboratively with other areas of the organization to ensure clear communication and good case management.
- Identify development/training needs for the department and address through formal training, coaching, etc.
- To develop innovative procedures to expedite inquiries and admissions.
- Responsible for hiring, orientation, payroll and performance management of maintenance and housekeeping staff. Evaluate performance issues to Director, Admissions as necessary
- To provide expertise to the clinical team in interpreting medical reports/documents, and advise on clinical issues.
- Collaborate with the Business Development Team in liaising with employers, EAP, referral agents and other community agencies.
- Develop, implement and evaluate quality improvement activities, based on department indicators including the use of Salesforce data, monitoring calls of admissions staff etc..
- Review any questionable assessments and co-ordinate with Clinical Director or Clinical Lead of appropriate program for the final decision regarding appropriateness for admission or referral to alternate resources.
- Work collaboratively with clinical leads of other departments to create efficient process flows between departments to continually improve the quality of service for clients.
- Development and maintenance of all admissions policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development, implementation and follow-up of the client care plan when needed.
- Is attentive to and intervenes on any client safety issues that are observed. Adheres to the behaviors outlined in our policies and procedures that promote client safety
- Oversees payroll, vacation requests and management of sick time
- Participle as required in EHN admission and business development growth and quality assurance projects
- Participates in policy and procedure development and implementation as necessary and ensure staff are trained on new policies
- Actively participate in Accreditation activities
- Provides input into annual budget and works with executive director to ensure monthly variance reports are monitored and discrepancies accounted for
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five years of current clinical experience
- Degree/Diploma in regulated health care professionals program preferred
- Leadership training or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working with patients with concurrent disorder
- Experience working with business development and CRMs
- Demonstrated commitment to patient-centered care
- Role models excellence in patient care and serves as a mentor for the team
- Demonstrated excellent communication, facilitation and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team
- Clinical and leadership skills, which develops and empowers members of the health care team in autonomous decision-making to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to provide leadership to projects and accomplish established goals
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality improvement
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
- Understanding of change process/theory and an ability to manage change
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Experience working with patients with concurrent disorders and residential settings
Bellwood is an employment equity employer.
If you should require accommodation during the interview process please contact human resources.