Bellwood Health Services is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction and Mental Health Treatment Centre, with over 35-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect. Bellwood is looking to hire 2-3 casual Addiction Counsellors. Various shifts available.
Primary responsibilities will be to provide individual, group and family therapy, education and ongoing assessment of progress to Bellwood clients. Case coordination and communication across an interprofessional team is an integral component of the role. Additionally counsellor is responsible for communicating with referral agencies, offering support, and guidance to clients and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Competently manages clients with various addictions and mental health issues, including substance abuse, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Sexual Addiction, Eating Disorders, Problem
Gambling, and other Mental Health Disorders.
- Works therapeutically with diverse client population through group therapy, or other process groups, individual and family therapy and assessment, as required.
- Delivers education sessions to Bellwood clients, as well as to public audiences and external groups as needed.
- Identifies treatment issues and goals with clients, coordinating across broader clinical teams when appropriate.
- Collaborates in the development, implementation and follow-up of the client care plan and discharge plans (i.e. continuing care plan).
- Completes detailed documentation and charting appropriately. Prepares reports or correspondence in timely manner.
- Case management of client caseload.
- Participates in weekly meetings and consultation meetings of teams – makes recommendations on basis of the client progress.
- Orients clients in treatment to the continuing care program.
- Supporting a framework of accountability for clients in their recovery.
- Liaise with referral sources, aftercare providers, EAP representative, parole and probation officers, verbally, electronically and/or in writing on a weekly basis and documents same.
- Update families on an as needed basis, arrange for family consultation when needed.
- Engages in personal professional development, maintains appropriate professional associations, and provides current documentation to the Human Resources Department.
- Provides supervision for students in placement at Bellwood.
- Undertakes Quality Assurance activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters Degree in regulated health care professionals program preferred with a minimum of three-five years of clinical experience OR
- Bachelors Degree in regulated health care professionals program with a minimum of five-seven years of clinical experience WITH
- Current registration with a regulated professional College (ie: college of SW, College of Psychotherapists)
- CBT, DBT and strengths-based therapies considered an asset
- Experience with individuals with concurrent disorders
- Experience in a residential setting
- Role models excellence in patient care and serves as a mentor for the team
- Demonstrated excellent communication, facilitation and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality improvement
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
The position is part of the IAMAW bargaining unit.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at [email protected] We will also accept resumes via mail. For further information, please visit our website at www.bellwood.ca.
Bellwood Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, EHN Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.