Part of the Edgewood Health Network, Canada’s leading provider of addiction and related mental health services, EHN Vancouver is an outpatient clinic located in the heart of Vancouver. We provide a number of services including counselling, individual and family group therapy, Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP), interventions, drug testing and monitoring, and more. We are looking for a full-time Clinical Manager to join our passionate team.
Under the direction of the EHN Outpatient Services Leadership, the Clinical Manager, is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the business including budget management, program development and personnel. The Clinical Manager provides daily oversight to the clinical staff and the client care coordinator to ensure the smooth daily operations of the clinic. The Clinical Manager coordinates clinical programs, liaises with external referents, and provides clinical assessments upon request.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In consultation with the EHN Outpatient Services Leadership, hires, trains and plans for the future to ensure the staffing requirements of the program are met.
- Oversees the scheduling of programming and staffing for both in-person and online programs; delegates or covers the duties of staff when absent.
- Facilitates individual and group sessions and other counselling services.
- Provides clinical supervision during case conferencing and has the final decision and responsibility on clinical matters, with approval from the EHN Outpatient Services Leadership.
- Ensures that staff is reporting to referrals as required according to the standards outlined by their regulatory body, EHN Canada or any associations they are a member of.
- Supervises practicum students as needed.
- Oversees weekly office meeting and delegates tasks to staff, ensuring they are following through on their duties and responsibilities.
- Verbally addresses issues with the staff and provides written annual performance reviews.
- Keeps the EHN Outpatient Services Leadership apprised of any staff or program issues at weekly meetings.
- Seeks opportunities to develop evidence-based curriculum and expand programs and services which support EHN’s mission statement and strategic plan, to meet the needs of clients and address gaps in addiction services in the community.
- Collaborates with the EHN marketing team to design regional campaigns.
- Identifies potential referrals in order to expand marketing contacts and meets with them when possible.
- Oversees formal assessments ensuring quality control for written assessments or clinical records released to third parties.
- Oversees the collection of clinical data; interprets data and updates EHN Outpatient Services Leadership and bi-weekly meetings.
- Oversee and ensure the requirements and operations of the clinic are in compliance with government standards.
- Ensures coverage for all sessions and coordinates coverage for staff in the event of illness or emergency.
- Train, supervise, and evaluate Clinical Counsellors.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of recent clinical supervisory experience.
- Minimum 5 years of recent experience as a counselor, 3 of which must be in addictions.
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology or related discipline preferred.
- Registration with social work or counseling board preferred.
- Must have experience facilitating therapeutic groups and be comfortable providing psycho-education in group settings.
- Experience working in an inpatient treatment setting and with families is an asset.
- Understanding of 12 step and recovery movement is required.
- Strong ethical boundaries and leadership skills are required.
- Ability to relate effectively and establish positive interpersonal relationships with clients and staff.
- Ability to establish treatment and recovery plans in collaboration with clients and Clinical Manager/team.
- Must demonstrate effective oral, written and organizational skills including clinical note taking and written assessments.
- Ability to work independently on complex matters.
- Willingness to be curious about self and prioritize self care.
- Familiar with Salesforce, KIPU or similar EMR programs.
- Typing and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Submit Applications to:
Human Resources Department
Email: [email protected]
EHN Canada is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, EHN Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Application deadline: January 29, 2021