Bellwood Health Services is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction and Mental Health Treatment Centre, with over 35-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect. We are looking for a full time Counsellor(s).
The counsellor will provide high quality case management, clinical treatment, advocacy, individual and group therapy to clients for issues related to Operational Stress Injury, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, with co-occurring mental health and addiction issues. The incumbent is a member of an interdisciplinary team and is responsible for active participation in interdisciplinary treatment team meetings and resident centered care planning. Case coordination and communication across an inter-professional team is an integral component of the role. Additionally counsellor is responsible for communicating with referral agencies, offering support, and guidance to clients and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Competently manages clients with various mental health issues, OPI, PTSD, Mood, Anxiety and Personality Disorders as well as substance and behavioral addictions.
- Works therapeutically with diverse client population through group therapy, or other process groups, psychoeducation and individual therapy
- Delivers education sessions to Bellwood clients, as well as to public audiences and external groups as needed.
- Identifies treatment issues and goals with clients, coordinating across broader clinical teams when appropriate.
- Collaborates in the development, implementation and follow-up of the client care plan and discharge plans (i.e. continuing care plan).
- Completes detailed documentation and charting appropriately. Prepares reports or correspondence in timely manner.
- Case management of client caseload.
- Participates in weekly meetings and consultation meetings of teams – makes recommendations on basis of the client progress.
- Orients clients in treatment to the continuing care program.
- Supporting a framework of accountability for clients in their recovery.
- Liaise with referral sources, aftercare providers, EAP representative, parole and probation officers, verbally, electronically and/or in writing on a weekly basis and documents same.
- Update families on an as needed basis, arrange for family consultation when needed.
- Engages in personal professional development, maintains appropriate professional associations, and provides current documentation to the Human Resources Department.
- Provides supervision for students in placement at Bellwood.
- Undertakes Quality Assurance activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three -five years of clinical experience
- Master Degree in regulated health care professionals program preferred
- Current registration with a regulated professional College (ie: college of SW, College of Psychotherapists)
- Experience with first responders or military clients or culture considered an asset
- CPT, CBT, DBT and exposure therapy considered a strong asset
- Experience in residential setting
- Role models excellence in patient care and serves as a mentor for the team
- Demonstrated excellent communication, facilitation and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality improvement
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
The position is part of the IAMAW bargaining unit.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at [email protected] We will also accept resumes via mail, for further information, please visit our website at www.bellwood.ca.
Bellwood is an employment equity employer.
If you should require accommodation during the interview process please contact human resources.