Bellwood Health Services is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction and Mental Health Treatment Centre, with over 35-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect. Bellwood is looking to hire a casual Housekeeper.
The Cleaner will be responsible for keeping buildings in clean and orderly condition, and will perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, cleaning and stocking restrooms, washing walls, glass and upholstered furniture, and removing rubbish. Duties may include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of the need for repairs.
Job Functions and Duties:
- Performs general clean up of all office facilities.
- Sweeps, mops, polishes, refinishes resilient floors, vacuums and shampoos carpeted areas, dumps garbage and recycle bins, performs all cleaning aspects of halls, offices, board rooms, restrooms, lunchroom as well as washes walls, windows, upholstered furniture and window coverings.
- Cleans and stocks restroom facilities
- Cleans light fixtures and changes bulbs/tubes.
- Locks or unlocks doors, turns lights on/off.
- Contacts appropriate maintenance service shop for major repairs.
- Determines needed supplies and equipment.
- Monitors need for equipment maintenance and repair.
- Responsible for proper inventory of materials and supplies.
- Monitors work quality, trains as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience in the housekeeping industry a definite asset.
- Observes safety and security procedures and use of equipment and cleaning materials properly.
- Excellent communication skills
- Work may involve stepladders, reaching overhead, bending, and stooping, climbing and crawling.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
Note this position is a member of the IAMAW
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at [email protected]. We will also accept resumes via mail. For further information, please visit our website at www.bellwood.ca.
Bellwood is an employment equity employer. If you should require accommodation during the interview process please contact human resources.