Bellwood Health Services is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction Treatment Centre, with over 35-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect. Bellwood is hiring a Labour Relations and Talent Acquisition Specialist
The Labour Relations and Talent Acquisition Specialist, under the direction of the Manager, Human Resources, is a key member of the Human Resources (“HR”) department and is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of a labour relations and talent acquisition.
As a member of the HR department, the Labour Relations and Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for providing support and advice on HR programs, policies and services including labour relations and talent acquisition.
The specific accountabilities of the job include, but are not necessarily restricted to the following:
- Interpret and apply collective agreements, ensuring consistent application.
- Interpret and apply relevant labour and employment legislation and regulations.
- Manage the grievance and arbitration procedure including the drafting of formal responses to grievances and settlement agreements and ensuring consistency in resolving issues.
- Deal with management and employee inquiries in a timely fashion and on a confidential basis.
- Observe procedures to maintain the security of highly sensitive and confidential matters.
- Lead the recruitment and selection processes, including recommendations to the hiring manager of best-fit candidates, inclusive of reference checks and on-boarding documentation.
- Manage orientation – set up employees in HRIS system, and produce ID cards.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive personnel records.
- Assist with special project i.e. employee awards and other HR employee recognition initiatives.
- File, photocopy, and scan as required.
- Act as a senior member of the JHSC and observe all safety standards and report unsafe conditions.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Staff will work a variety of shifts including weekdays, evenings, weekends, holidays and on-call.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Labour Relations or Commerce / Business Administration.
- Masters Degree in Industrial Relations (MIR) or other relevant post-graduate degree would be a definite asset.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation would be a desirable asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a highly unionized HR environment
- Strong knowledge/experience with interpretation of collective agreements.
- Broad knowledge of employment legislation: Labour Relations Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act, etc.
- Experience managing the talent acquisition and recruitment process from beginning to end
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken, including public speaking, report writing and editing.
- Demonstrated professionalism, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer expertise, particularly MS Office.
Please send resumes to [email protected]