While the primary function of the nursing staff is to provide medical care to persons who experience problems related to the use of mood-altering chemicals and/or behavior, providing compassion, empathy and understanding when necessary is an integral part of this position as well. Together, with our medical team, our nurses play an integral role in this rewarding role as we support and assist our clients in getting their lives back.
We are currently seeking casual on call LPN’s to fill 8-hour positions that include evenings and nights. MUST be willing and available to do overnight shifts.
Some duties include and are not limited to:
· Provide first aid as needed and refer patients to medical care as the Clinical Team deems necessary
· Responsible for patient Detox scales as per Pharmacotherapy & Detox policies.
· Make patient medications available as prescribed as per Pharmacotherapy & Detox policies
· Ensure medication policies and procedures are adhered to
· Follow up with patients following assessments by Physicians – charting, booking of further appointments, etc., when necessary
· Direct bedside care when necessary, (i.e. bathing, Critical Care, etc.)
· Participates in case consultation and treatment coordination with other members of the multi-disciplinary team if required
· Current LPN license
· Current First Aid & CPR Level C Certification
· Knowledge of the 12 steps and addictions disorders an asset
· LGBTQ+ Knowledge and experience an asset
· One or more years of Nursing experience an asset
· Experience in recovery, or formal education in addiction or related health field an asset
· Current computer skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Criminal Record Clearance through the Ministry of Justice
· Negative Tb test
Casual on-call for all shifts, including graveyards.
Edgewood operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Submit Applications to: Human Resources, [email protected]