Bellwood Health Services, part of the Edgewood Health Network, is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction and Mental Health Treatment Centre, with a 35-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. Bellwood is currently recruiting for a MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTION CLINICIAN (Weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday) Coverage to join the interprofessional program including psychiatry, family medicine, psychotherapy, occupational therapy and nutrition. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, interprofessional team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect.
Mental Health and Addiction Clinician responsibilities/duties include:
• Provision of individual treatment, education and ongoing assessment of progress to Bellwood patients using evidence-based modalities including: cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), mindfulness, dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), interpersonal therapy, and trauma-informed care.
• Facilitation of abstinence-based, relapse prevention individual and group based education and content.
• Identification of treatment goals with patients, coordinating across broader clinical teams when appropriate.
• Delivery of high quality psychoeducational and process groups using evidence-based modalities.
• Case coordination and communication across an inter-professional team both within Bellwood and with external providers.
• Collaboration with other stakeholders in the development, implementation and follow-up of the patient’s aftercare plan including referrals to abstinence-based recovery programs (e.g. AA, CA, NA, SMART, etc). Prepare comprehensive discharge summaries in timely manner.
• Completion of detailed documentation and charting appropriately and in a timely manner in accordance with relevant College standards.
• Liaise with patient’s family, referral sources, community providers, EAP representatives, case managers and other members of the circle of care on a regular and timely basis.
• Engage in personal and professional development, maintain appropriate professional associations, and provide current documentation to the Human Resources Department.
• Provide supervision to students on placement at Bellwood. The Mental Health and Addiction Clinician is expected to supervise a student from an appropriate professional program on a yearly basis.
• Undertake Quality Assurance (QA) activities as assigned including completion of outcome measures.
• Other duties as assigned, including providing coverage in other programs as required.
• Completion of a Master’s degree program in Counselling, Social Work, Psychotherapy or Occupational Therapy. Applicants with experience leading mental health and addiction groups who are working toward a Master’s degree will be considered.
• Registration in good standing by professional body, e.g. College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario, Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers is preferred.
• 1-3 years practical and related experience required. Experience facilitating group programs/therapy is required.
• Experience working in a residential mental health and addiction treatment setting is considered a strong asset.
• Knowledge of abstinence-based community resources and supports is considered a strong asset.
• Knowledge of multiple treatment modalities including: cognitive behavior therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, mindfulness, dialectical behavior therapy, and interpersonal therapy.
• Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to Bellwood standards.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team both within Bellwood and with external agencies.
• Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task in a fast paced, challenging environment, often with competing priorities.
• Experience working with military and/or first responder cultures considered a strong asset.
• Evidence of ongoing professional development in mental health and addiction assessment and treatment is highly desirable.
Bellwood is an employment equity employer.
If you should require accommodation during the interview process please contact human resources.