EHN Canada Outpatient Services, a nationally recognized group of outpatient clinics offering in-person and online care is looking for a candidate to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect.
EHN Canada Outpatient Services is seeking a mental health Occupational Therapist (OT) to develop clinical programming and provide services to clients struggling with occupational trauma, and Mood and Anxiety Disorders. Reporting into the National Director of Outpatient Services for EHN Canada, the candidate will provide case management, clinical treatment, and advocacy to clients for issues related to mental health and occupational trauma. The candidate is a member of an interdisciplinary team and is responsible for developing clinical content to support symptom reduction, increased functioning and return-to-work planning and initiatives. The candidate must have a commitment to upholding the standards outlined by their regulatory college.
The candidate is skilled at delivering clinical services (individually and group-based) online and are comfortable working with a remote team. You are interested in working with a diverse patient population and have experience working with clients who are experiencing PTSD, mood and anxiety disorders. You thoroughly enjoy working in a team environment and have excellent communication skills.
- Provide interventions as part of trauma-focused treatment to improve client functioning and progress. Case coordination and communication across a multi-disciplinary team is an integral component of the role.
- Develop clinical curriculum to support clients in reducing symptoms, enhancing functioning with the purpose of returning to work
- Provides individual interventions, including exposure, as well as group treatment
- Competently manages clients with various mental health issues, including trauma, mood and anxiety disorders, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Identifies treatment issues and goals with clients, coordinating across broader clinical team when appropriate
- Completes detailed documentation and charting appropriately. Prepares reports or correspondence in timely manner.
- Drives quality improvement through strong initiative and participation in Quality Assurance activities.
- Is attentive to and intervenes on any client safety issues that are observed. Adheres to the behaviours outlined in our policies and procedures that promote client safety.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Nova Scotia
- Minimum one-year recent related clinical experience working with mental health population in a clinical setting preferred.
- Minimum one-year recent related experience working with clients with PTSD, mood, and anxiety disorders
- Experience providing exposure based interventions highly desirable
- Commitment to use of best practices to provide clinical excellence
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of an inter-professional team
- Experience with individual with addictions would be considered an asset
*****Must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.*****
Interested and qualified candidates should submit resumes to [email protected] Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.