Bellwood Health Services site, a nationally recognized and accredited Addiction Treatment Centre, with over 30-years of serving Canadians from across the country is looking for a candidate to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect.
Bellwood is seeking a full time mental health Occupational Therapist (OT) to work at our new Peterborough location. The OT will provide high quality case management, clinical treatment, and advocacy to clients for issues related to PTSD and occupational trauma. The incumbent is a member of an interdisciplinary team and is responsible for active participation in interdisciplinary treatment team meetings and resident centered care planning.
As a skilled clinician, you are interested in working with a diverse patient population, and have experience working with clients who are experiencing PTSD, mood and anxiety disorders. You thoroughly enjoy working in a team environment and have excellent communication skills.
In your role as OT, your primary responsibilities will be to provide interventions as part of trauma-focused treatment to improve client functioning and progress. Case coordination and communication across a multi-disciplinary team is an integral component of the role.
• Provide interventions as part of trauma-focused treatment to improve client functioning and progress. Case coordination and communication across a multi-disciplinary team is an integral component of the role.
• Provision of individual treatment, education and ongoing assessment of progress to Bellwood patients using evidence-based modalities including: cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), mindfulness, dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), interpersonal therapy, and trauma-informed care.
• Develop clinical curriculum to support clients in reducing symptoms, enhancing functioning with the purpose of returning to work
• Provides individual interventions, including exposure, as well as group treatment
• Competently manages clients with various mental health issues, including trauma, mood and anxiety disorders, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
• Identifies treatment issues and goals with clients, coordinating across broader clinical team when appropriate.
• Completes detailed documentation and charting appropriately. Prepares reports or correspondence in timely manner.
• Drives quality improvement through strong initiative and participation in Quality Assurance activities.
• Is attentive to and intervenes on any client safety issues that are observed. Adheres to the behaviours outlined in our policies and procedures that promote client safety.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy required; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario required.
• Membership in the Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists preferred.
• Minimum one-year recent related clinical experience working with mental health population in a clinical setting preferred.
• Minimum one-year recent related experience working with clients with PTSD, mood, and anxiety disorders
• Experience working with military and/or first responder cultures considered a strong asset.
• Experience providing exposure based interventions highly desirable
• Commitment to use of best practices to provide clinical excellence
• Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of an inter-professional team
• Experience with individual with addictions would be considered an asset
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Joanna Anderson, at [email protected]. For further information, please visit our website at www.bellwood.ca.
Bellwood Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Bellwood will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.