Under the direction of the EHN Outpatient Services Leadership, the Outpatient Manager is responsible for providing daily leadership and oversight to a team of Masters-Level clinicians providing treatment in the EHN Outpatient Mood and Anxiety Workplace Trauma Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs) and other outpatient services (individual therapy, group therapy). The Clinical Manager is responsible for maintaining clinical records according to the best practice dictated by their regulatory body. The Clinical Manager also ensures coverage for all sessions and coordinates coverage for staff in the event of illness or emergency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In consultation with the EHN Outpatient Services Leadership, hires, trains and plans for the future to ensure the staffing requirements of the program are met
- Oversees the scheduling of programming and staffing; delegates or covers the duties of staff when absent
- Oversees weekly office meetings and delegates tasks to staff, ensuring they are following through on their duties and responsibilities
- Keeps the EHN Outpatient Services Leadership apprised of any staff or program issues at weekly meetings
- Support EHN’s mission statement and strategic plan, to meet the needs of clients and address gaps in addiction services in the community
- Provide weekly and ad hoc clinical and operational supervision individually and in a group setting
- Knowledgeable and able to provide guidance on evidence-based clinical practices such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Trauma-Informed Therapy and others
- Collaborate with managers from other teams to create a cohesive clinical and operations workflow throughout the outpatient department
- Interview new counsellor candidates; engage in decision-making about hiring
- Manage timesheets and approve payroll
- Provide clinical orientation and mentorship to new staff
- Facilitate group sessions, as needed
- Carry a small caseload of individual and group sessions, as needed
- Performance manage staff requiring additional support
- Clinical program development
- Collaboration with senior leadership regarding growth initiatives
- Navigating program coverage needs
- Provide formal clinical supervision to staff with the use of personal registration number connected to regulatory body for invoicing purposes
- Liaise with staff from EHN inpatient programs and Admissions teams to coordinate care
- In collaboration with the Admissions Team, review case files for potential clients entering into outpatient programs and services to determine suitability
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Level, Registered with Ontario College of Occupational Therapist, Social Workers, or Psychotherapists
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Management leadership role.
- Minimum 5 years of recent experience providing face-to-face treatment to clients.
- Experience with virtual mental health care.
- Experience working in an outpatient treatment setting and with families is an asset.
- Strong ethical boundaries and leadership skills are required.
- Ability to relate effectively and establish positive interpersonal relationships with clients and staff.
- Must demonstrate effective oral, written and organizational skills including clinical note-taking and written assessments.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently on complex matters.
- Basic computer skills required: typing and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Candidates should submit resumes to [email protected] Elvira Trichilo, Human Resources Consultant. Bellwood Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, EHN will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.