Bellwood Health Services is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction Treatment Centre, with over 35-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect. Bellwood is currently looking to hire casual nurses.
You will be required to work all shifts, which includes days, evenings, nights (must) and weekends and will also be available to work 8 or 12 hours shifts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivering client care according to the College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Nursing Practice in an inter-professional shared care case management model
- Reporting to the Nursing Manager, providing ongoing client care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning implementation and evaluation.
- Formulating and implementing client care plans.
- Safely implementing physician’s orders.
- Administering medications to clients.
- Maintaining current progress records on clients according to legal and ethical standards.
- Orientating, facilitating and reinforcing client’s involvement in addiction treatment.
- Decide and initiate on course of action in case of medical emergencies
- Providing supportive counselling to clients, families and/or significant others on typical recovery issues.
- Maintain a therapeutic environment on the unit conducive to the client learning productive patterns of living.
- Providing ongoing health teaching to clients in relation to common health problems and the clients maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Co-ordinate individual client appointments and referrals.
- Assisting the public with crisis intervention and information on addiction.
- Perform other duties as outlined on shift duty lists and as assigned by the Nursing Manager.
- Registered Nurse with current registration and good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Mental Health Certificate an asset
- Current CPR required
- BCLS required
- RNAO membership recommended
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Addiction and/or mental illness treatment experience preferred
- Must be able to work independently as well as supervise others and offer education and support to students
- Computer literate
The position is part of the IAMAW bargaining unit.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at [email protected]. We will also accept resumes via mail. For further information, please visit our website at www.bellwood.ca.
Bellwood is an employment equity employer. If you should require accommodation during the interview process please contact human resources.