Bellwood Health Services is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction Treatment Centre, with over 35-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect.
Title: Residential Support Staff – OCD
Department: Clinical Services
Reports to: Director, Clinical Programs
The Residential Support Staff assists in the coordination and delivery of patient care to all clients including education, and support. The Residential Support Staff delivers activities at the Bellwood facility ensuring safety for clients and staff. Specific duties and procedures are outlined below.
RSS Job Function and Duties:
- Delivering client care according to the Ethical Standards of the Human Services Counselling diploma or equivalent.
- Maintaining current progress records on clients.
- Orientating, facilitating and reinforcing client’s involvement in clinical programming.
- Providing supportive counselling and health teaching to clients, families and/or significant others on typical recovery and lifestyle issues throughout all stages of recovery.
- Maintain a therapeutic environment conducive to the client learning productive patterns of living.
- Participate in the delivery of newcomers group, orientation tours and video and discussions as well as other sessions as requested
- Maintaining professional standards and participating in In-service and continued educational activities.
- Is attentive to and intervenes on any client safety issues that are observed. Adheres to the behaviours outlined in our policies and procedures that promote client safety.
- To ensure appropriate supplies and equipment to meet the needs of daily program.
- Orients clients to program.
- Attends to all daily tasks assigned on assignment sheets to ensure the smooth operation of unit
- Other duties as assigned
As part of the OCD program you will be responsible for :
- The OCD RSS will be responsible for evening programming, beginning at 4 pm. This typically involves a physical activity from 4-5 pm and then, after dinner, either a group, guided homework session or outing for all residential clients to attend
- The OCD RSS will be available to coach clients with their evening routines. This typically involves any of the following activities of daily living: tooth brushing; toileting; showering; face washing; changing clothes or organizing bedroom for evening wind down
- The OCD RSS will liaise with other RSSs to ensure staff are comfortable and knowledgeable about the needs of the OCD clients when the OCD RSS is not present. The OCD team will create and disseminate ERP plans and any particular coaching/support to all RSSs pertaining to all clients residing within the facility
- The OCD RSS will be knowledgeable about OCD, CBT and ERP and will seek extra support and consultation from the OCD Team Lead as well as other staff members who are available towards the end of the day when the OCD RSS is present
- The OCD RSS will attend OCD weekly team meetings in order to be aware of all client needs and disseminate this information to other RSSs within the larger Bellwood community. This will also be an opportunity to communicate with the entire OCD team on a weekly basis
- The OCD RSS will ensure information from the previous evening’s activities are communicated to the Bellwood RSS team and the OCD team. This can be done via a summary email that is sent at the end of the OCD SC evening support.
- Human Services Counsellor or Addiction Counselling Diploma or Equivalent. (Working towards professional designation)
- ICADC/CACC preferred
- 2 years Clinical experience in treatment of individuals with addictions, mental health issues including PTSD and OCD, and eating disorders
- Experience in a patient care setting within a nursing team an asset
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Good critical thinking skills
- Strong written/documentation skills.
- Role models excellence in patient care and serves as a mentor for the team
- Demonstrated excellent communication, facilitation and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team
- Clinical and leadership skills, which develops and empowers members of the health care team in autonomous decision-making to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality improvement
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
Hours: Monday to Friday – 1:30 pm to 9:30 pm