Bellwood Health Services, part of the Edgewood Health Network, is a nationally recognized, accredited Mental Health and Addiction Treatment Centre, with a 35-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. Bellwood is currently recruiting for a Shipper & Receiving Security Officer to join a seasoned, interprofessional team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect.
Welcomes new patients for admission and acts as the first point of contact and interaction with Bellwood.
You will be providing security to Bellwood by patrolling the property and providing direction to visitors and delivery staff on where to go on the property. You will be on the lookout for situations to ensure protection of life and property, assisting with safety matters, and liaising with Emergency responders as needed. . As well, the position will also be the main point of contact for all packages delivered to Bellwood, ensuring receiving, logging and securing of all packages to be distributed at Bellwood. The position will support a workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and effective communication as well as complies with all applicable regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Provides a safe and secure working environment for all visitors, patients, staff and general public
- Responds to calls for service appropriately and in a timely fashion
- Performs proactive foot patrols, spot checks and/or surveillance
- Escorts personnel to and from parking lots or between buildings as requested
- Assists with emergency evacuations
- Investigates routine incidents
- Locks and unlocks entrances and doors at scheduled times
- Lets in and greets new patients for admission and contacts nursing and admissions staff
- Actively looks for safety hazards and takes appropriate corrective action
- Signs for all packages received on behalf of both Hospital and patients
- Updates Bellwood’s procurement system of all shipping and delivery information (what shipments were shipped out or received, from where, date and time items were received, etc.)
- Verifies packages against POs that are issued, verifies quantity of packages and where they are to go
- Ensures proper labels with correct postage for shipments and note any special delivery instructions
- Arranges for any special packing materials (i.e. bubble wrap, packing tape, boxes, etc.) for items being shipped as needed
- Maintains Hospital’s inventory and unpacks incoming objects and places them in the proper secure locations throughout the Hospital
- Schedules and monitors third-party services exchanges (i.e. UPS, Fed Ex, Purolator, etc.)
- If items arrive damaged or order is not complete, investigates what went wrong, arranges for replacement of damaged goods and arranges for completion of missing orders
- Performs at all times in a manner consistent with safe working practices and the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Post secondary education with specialization in protective services/related areas
- Must provide documentation of a clean Criminal Record and Valid Ontario Security License
- You must have one (1) year security experience. Previous security experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the public, staff and patients.
- Excellent customer service skills and able to work with people who are under stress or in need of assistance.
- Motivated team player with a positive service-oriented approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated sensitivity toward clients experiencing mental health challenges.
- Ability to respond to emergencies as they arise while remaining calm and in control of the situation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, problem-solve and exercise good judgment in varied situations.
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task in a fast paced, challenging environment, often with competing priorities.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs when required
- Proficient in the use of various computer programs (i.e. MS Office) and able to adapt and learn new programs
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at [email protected]. We will also accept resumes via mail. For further information, please visit our website at www.bellwood.ca