CSAT Module 1
March 25 @ 8:30 am - March 29 @ 5:00 pm
Bellwood is proud to announce that we’re hosting Canada’s only Certified Sex Addiction Therapy (CSAT) Training!
With the rise of hook-up culture and accessibility of online pornography, the need for effective assessment and treatment for sex addiction is growing.
By attending this comprehensive introductory seminar, you can become an expert in sex addiction treatment and be a go-to resource for patients and colleagues for treating this life-altering condition.
Part of a four-module training series, this 4.5-day seminar is packed with the tools you need to build a successful sex addiction practice:
- How to obtain a full sexual history for accurate and complete assessment
- Differential diagnosis of sexually compulsive behaviour, sex offending behaviour, sexual harrassment, and paraphilias
- Learn to apply validated tools such as the Sexual Addiction Screening Test (SAST) and the Sexual Dependency Inventory (SDI)
- Discuss and address denial, distorted thinking, and ambivalence, applying psychological principles to increase motivation for change
- Identify the seven typologies of sex addiction and analyze contrasting models
- Apply frameworks linking sex addiction to adverse childhood experiences, attachment theory, and other traumas
- Learn how to select from various 12-step programs for maximum patient suitability
- Help family members find support and resources to address their trauma
- Address clinician bias, countertransference, and other practitioner challenges
- Apply sex addiction interventions to pornography and cybersex addictions
- Assess the use of mindfulness and cognitive-behavioural interventions for relapse prevention
Upon course completion, attendees will reap the benefits of the CAST/IITAP network:
- Referrals from high-traffic directories
- Networking and support from colleagues and mentors
- Priority access to sex addiction technologies
- Discounts on additional learning materials from IITAP
- Invitation to the IITAP symposium
- Private practice management and program development resources to set you up for success
This event is led by pioneering experts in the sex addiction field:
Kenneth M Adams, Ph.D., CSAT-S is an internationally recognized expert in treating trauma-induced intimacy, addiction disorders and the author of Silently Seduced, and When He’s Married to Mom.
Erica Sarr, Ph.D., CSAT-S currently serves as the clinical director for Gentle Path at The Meadows. She also is a national speaker on process addiction and mental health issues.
March 25–28, 2020: 8:30 am–5:00 pm
March 29, 2020: 8:00 am–12:00 pm
Early Bird (before March 10th, 2020): $1350
Regular (after March 11th, 2020): $1450
Payment plans are available.
Register now, space is limited. This training rarely takes place in Canada!
Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (CACCF) members will receive 30 CEUs upon completion of this training.