EHN Canada is proud to offer inpatient treatment at Bellwood Health Services in Toronto for adults affected by eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia nervosa.
As Canada’s leading and largest mental health, addiction, and trauma experts, our eating disorders treatment includes:
Our programs are tailored to individual patients because everyone’s path is different:
- We accept that patients are at different places in their illness and recovery process and will work with them to develop a realistic individualized plan.
- While supporting a return to normalized eating, we focus on supporting the mental health of our patients
- We support families using educational programs developed by a pioneer in the field of eating disorders treatment
- Our in-depth approach also includes meal supervision for nutritional rehabilitation
- Our program concurrently addresses substance use issues, as required.
- We provide continuing support to ensure a smooth and safe reintegration into our patients’ communities
Eating Disorder Program Streams
Our program is designed to be flexible, with multiple steams to help achieve different goals: full remission of symptoms and weight rehabilitation, or smaller changes that are achieved over time.
What you can expect from EHN Canada’s eating disorders treatment program:
- Treatment with an interprofessional team of eating disorder experts:
- Registered Dieticians
- Registered Psychotherapists
- Social workers
- Occupational therapists
- Structured psychological treatment:
- Meal supervision
- Weekly individual therapy
- Daily group therapy
- Nutritional rehabilitation and psychoeducation
- Patient specific physical health and wellness activities
- Use of evidence-based treatment methods:
- Pre-admission consultation with a psychiatris
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Family therapy
This program is right for patients who:
- Are 17 years of age or older
- Meet current DSM criteria for an Eating Disorder and require structure and support in order to make changes to their eating, exercise, and/or purging behaviours
- Have a BMI of 15 or more
- Experience emotional or behavioural problems in home, community and or treatment settings and need a highly structured 24-hour therapeutic environment.
Please note that this treatment program is currently private-pay. We encourage anyone who is interested in having their treatment included in their provincial health insurance program to contact your Ministry of Health and/or your Member of Provincial Parliament.
If you, or an adult you know, would benefit from our eating disorders treatment, please reach out today.
Or, if you are a medical professional with a patient who would be the right fit for this treatment, give us a call for more info.