Bellwood Health Services Offers Inpatient Treatment for Psychological Trauma and PTSD
When someone has experienced a traumatic event, the effects on someone’s mental health can be lasting and dramatically change someone’s quality of life.
For those who have suffered psychological trauma on the job, or in their personal lives, Bellwood offers inpatient treatment staffed by compassionate doctors and clinical experts to help patients find peace of mind after surviving trauma.
- Evidence-based treatments through group and one-on-one therapy.
- Experienced team consisting of physicians, nurses, occupational therapists and mental health clinicians.
- Interprofessional approach resulting in higher quality care
- Cognitive Processing Therapy to process past trauma
- In Vivo Exposure work with Occupational Therapists to improve comfort with triggers
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to address negative thoughts
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) to regulate distressing emotions
This Program is Right for Patients Who:
- Experience significant psychological trauma and have a diagnosis of PTSD
- Feel disconnected from themselves and their relationships
- Have tried other outpatient programs or individual counselling with limited success
- Struggle to complete daily tasks and are isolating due to the effects of their trauma
- Have a concurrent substance use disorder (addiction)
- Have a concurrent mental health diagnosis, such as Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder