Concurrent Trauma & Addiction Program (CTAP)
Designed for members of Canadian Forces and Veterans Affairs Canada, RCMP and First Responders for the treatment of Concurrent Trauma & Addiction.
- 63-day residential treatment program
- Small group format (maximum 8 people) ensures feelings of safety and in-depth sharing
- Patients learn how to manage trauma symptoms and to abstain from their substance use
- Focused therapy for the treatment of PTSD
- Facilitated by Trauma and Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) Certified Clinicians
- Stabilization grounding techniques and self-regulation.
- Specialized trauma-focused groups including psycho-education, cognitive processing and behavioural therapy, symptoms management, trauma and emotional processing.
- Weekly PTSD/OSI group therapy as well as exposure and activation therapy.
- Comprehensive groups that focus on issues pertaining to trauma such as emotional regulation and community integration.
- Sleep hygiene sessions.
- Biopsychosocial and spiritual 12-step approach.
- Abstinence based program.
- Specialized addiction focused groups which include addressing the essential addiction symptoms, lectures, group therapy and physical exercise.
- Relapse prevention.
- Patients learn how to manage trauma symptoms and to abstain from their substance use which supports successful recovery and maintenance of a new healthy lifestyle.