Concurrent Trauma & Addiction Program (CTAP)
Designed for members of Canadian Forces and Veterans Affairs Canada, RCMP and First Responders for the treatment of Concurrent Trauma & Addiction. The program’s small-group format offers clients the sense of safety and stability necessary to heal from trauma, and the opportunity to connect with people with similar struggles or experiences. By providing clients with the tools to manage their PTSD/OSI symptoms, the program is designed to give clients the ability to improve their symptoms and functioning.
- 63-day residential treatment program
- Small group format (maximum 8 people) ensures feelings of safety and in-depth sharing
- Patients learn how to manage trauma symptoms and to abstain from their substance use
- Focused therapy for the treatment of PTSD
- Facilitated by Trauma and Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) Certified Clinicians
- Stabilization grounding techniques and self-regulation.
- Specialized trauma-focused groups including psycho-education, cognitive processing and behavioural therapy, symptoms management, trauma and emotional processing.
- Weekly PTSD/OSI group therapy as well as exposure and activation therapy.
- Comprehensive groups that focus on issues pertaining to trauma such as emotional regulation and community integration.
- Sleep hygiene sessions.
- Biopsychosocial and spiritual 12-step approach.
- Abstinence based program.
- Specialized addiction focused groups which include addressing the essential addiction symptoms, lectures, group therapy and physical exercise.
- Relapse prevention.
- Patients learn how to manage trauma symptoms and to abstain from their substance use which supports successful recovery and maintenance of a new healthy lifestyle.