Individual therapy for people with anorexia or bulimia helps to address symptom change. For patients further along in their journey to recovery, therapy covers motivation, developmental and relationship issues, self-esteem, sexuality and assertiveness.
- Weekly or bi-weekly appointments with a therapist.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): for symptom reduction, especially binge eating and purging.
- Motivational Interviewing: for helping people ready themselves for more intensive treatments, or make changes on their own with the skills they already have.
- Non-specific Supportive Clinical Management (NSCM) of anorexia: long term expert support of individuals with anorexia with a focus on psychoeducation, weight gain and normalizing eating, plus any issues that the client brings to the session.
- Dialectic Behavioural Therapy (DBT): learning and applying DBT skills to reduce symptoms and build a better life.