Our open-ended flexible programs provide supports and services when you need them.
- Individual, couples and family counselling
- Alcohol and drug monitoring
- Relapse Prevention
- Family support and education
- Post treatment follow up (aftercare)
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Intensive Outpatient Program
Edgewood Health Network, Prince George offers a unique outpatient program to meet the needs of those who wish to participate in intensive addiction treatment while continuing to maintain their day-to-day lives.
Our program incorporates both individual and group therapy sessions. This holistic program utilizes evidence-based practices that are tailored to meet the needs of each individual while promoting the maintenance of an overall health plan.
All sessions are geared towards facilitating self-awareness and recovery from negative patterns with substances or process behaviours such as gambling, gaming and eating.
A combination of assessments, lectures, group therapy and structured activities are used to assist
individuals to recognize addictive behaviours, develop healthier coping strategies and set goals for healthy living. These practices have proven to be effective in the treatment of addiction disorders.
The program provides:
• Education on addiction: its effect on the brain, behaviours and its impact on the family
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: changing negative thinking, dealing with setbacks, learning to feel
comfortable with being uncomfortable.
• Relapse prevention strategies: managing cravings, recovery supports
• Stress reduction and healthy living practices including mind-body relaxation techniques
• Wellness and recovery planning