Is Outpatient right for you?
Because outpatient services provide more flexibility and do not eliminate triggers or the ability to consume substances, they are best recommended for those experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of mental health or addiction. Outpatient might be right for you if…
- You are having increased difficulty functioning at work
- You have symptoms that are triggered by specific events or situations
- You are noticing increased feelings of depression, anxiety or stress
- You’ve noticed that you are beginning to rely more on substances to cope with your daily life
- You would like to reevaluate your coping skills in order to maintain your recovery
- Your current approach (i.e. individual counselling or a mental health app) isn’t enough.
For those who are able to maintain structure and accountability for their recovery outside of their program, outpatient treatment can be as effective as inpatient rehab.
Take our self-assessment quiz to learn which type of treatment is best for you.