Bellwood Health Services is a nationally recognized, accredited Addiction Treatment Centre, with over 35-year history of serving Canadians from across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to join a seasoned, multi-disciplinary team that is focused on quality care, by using best practice treatment, teamwork and respect. Bellwood is looking to hire a part-time psychiatrist (2-3 days/week).
Job Function and Duties:
- Duties include clinical evaluation and treatment in residential settings, particularly with clients presenting with mood and anxiety, PTSD, personality disorders and substance use disorders.
- Teaching and supervision of medical students and psychiatry residents.
- Participating in team rounds, case conferences to develop treatment plan for clients.
- Reviewing case files and assessing suitability for program intake.
- Applicants must hold an MD and be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
- Previous work in residential/inpatient setting considered an asset.
- Eligible for academic appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor at the University of Toronto considered an asset.
- 3+ years experience preferred.
- Role models excellence in patient care and serves as a mentor for the team.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, facilitation and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team.
- Clinical and leadership skills, which develops and empowers members of the health care team in autonomous decision-making to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality improvement.
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to Human Resources Department, at [email protected]. We will also accept resumes via mail or fax at (416) 495-7943. For further information, please visit our website at www.bellwood.ca.
Bellwood Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, EHN Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.