Whether a family is impacted by addiction, trauma, mental or physical illness, or maladaptive habits, all members deserve support. For this reason, we provide programs for families that offer tools for their own journey of healing. Family members can improve the chances of loved ones staying in healthy recovery by acquiring the knowledge and skills to best support them, as well as themselves.
Please note, the family programs are currently offered in an online format, where possible, until the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
Part I – Family Education Workshop: The goal of this 3-half-day workshop is to educate family members on substance use disorder and the impacts on the family. This is included in the cost of a loved one’s treatment for all family members; we encourage as many family members to attend the workshop together. Next available dates:
- Monday, March 15 – Wednesday, March 17, 2021 (online)
- Monday, April 19 – Wednesday, April 21, 2021 (online)
- Monday, May 31 – Wednesday, June 2, 2021 (online)
- Monday, July 5 – Wednesday, July 7, 2021 (online)
- Monday, August 9 – Wednesday, August 11, 2021 (online)
- Monday, September 13 – Wednesday, September 15, 2021 (online)
- Monday, October 18 – Wednesday, October 20, 2021 (online)
- Monday, November 15 – Wednesday, November 17, 2021 (online)
- Monday, December 13 – Wednesday, December 15, 2021 (online)
Part II – INSITE: After participation in the Family Education Workshop, individuals are strongly encouraged to attend Insite. The purpose of this 4 half-day program is to allow families/loved ones to digest what they’ve learned in the webinar and focus on deeper individual reflection. Six weekly online continuing care groups assist in integrating learned skills into daily life. Next available dates:
- Monday, March 1 – Thursday, March 4, 2021 (online)
- Monday, April 5 – Thursday, April 8, 2021 (online)
- Monday, July 5 – Thursday, July 8, 2021 (online)
- Monday, October 4 – Thursday, October 7, 2021 (online)
BOUNCE BACK: This 2.5-day fun, educational program is designed to help children: understand that addiction in their family system is not their fault, recognize that they are not alone, and teach them how to share their feelings. Through an age-appropriate, safe and supportive environment, Bounce Back helps children connect with others and themselves.
- Upcoming dates:
- Please contact family programs for an update on future dates post COVID-19 restrictions
FAMILY PROCESS GROUP: Family Aftercare is a weekly aftercare group offered virtually to clients across the network. This group is on Thursday from 7-9pm (EST). This group is for family members (EHN and/or in the community) who are looking for support because a loved one is struggling with addiction.