It’s normal to feel anxiety when coming to a treatment facility—but know that we are here to support you every step of the way. Our Admissions Counsellors are here to assist you whenever you or a loved one is ready to admit “I need help!” Our Admissions Team takes you through a compassionate, discrete, and thorough process to determine the type of treatment that best suits your needs. We triage, assessing each new patient’s medical, psychological, emotional, physical, and social needs. Based on this information, we make recommendations, provide the most appropriate options, and give referrals. The call is completely confidential and you are under no obligation to come to our treatment facility.
At Bellwood, we realize that aftercare is critical for successful long-term recovery. That’s why one year free aftercare is included in the price of our residential treatment programs, for all patients who complete treatment. We also provide the option of online aftercare through our Wagon Online Outpatient Clinic.
Call Us Now!
If you have would like to enrol in one of our treatment programs, have any questions, or would like to book a facility tour, please call us at 1-800-387-6198. Our phone lines are open 24/7—so you can call us anytime.
Many employee benefit plans cover EHN Canada’s residential treatment programs for alcohol and drug addiction. Call us now at 1-800-387-6198 and tell us the name of your employer and your insurance provider—we’ll help you figure out if you’re covered!
Our new, state-of-the-art facility will provide you with a calm, natural and peaceful therapeutic community to begin healing. You will have access to additional holistic health services here provided by local healthcare professionals including yoga, massage therapy, chiropractor, physio therapy and mediation to name a few.
Bellwood’s Packing List for Residential Treatment:
Please read this packing list carefully.
*Maximum one suitcase and one carry on, similar to airline protocol
- Prescription Medications: Please bring ONLY a 5 day supply of any prescribed medication in its original packaging. Please be advised that we do not have any storage for any medications brought in excess of the 5 day limit. Any medication in excess of the 5 day limit will be discarded immediately upon arrival. All prescriptions will be refilled and dispensed through our pharmacy; therefore there is no need for you to bring more than a 5 day supply.
- Narcotics (ex., Percocet’s, Tylenol 3, etc.) and Controlled substances (ex., ADHD medication such as Vyvanse, Concerta, Ritalin; Benzodiazepines such as clonazepam, lorazepam): 2-Day supply only
- Methadone: please ingest dose for the day before coming to Bellwood and bring 1 carry, if possible
- Special considerations: Please notify our staff if you are currently on special medications such as HIV medications, IM injections, or any branded medications. This is to ensure that proper coordination will be arranged prior to arrival.
- Vitamins & Supplements: Only pre-approved vitamins and supplements will be accepted into treatment but must not be opened and have a closed seal. Please be advised that if they have not been pre-approved, they will be discarded upon arrival or best to be taken by accompanying relative.
- Valid health card (hard copy)
- Insurance card/provider information if applicable (medications are not included in the treatment cost, a $500.00 refundable medication deposit will be collected for self-paying clients)
- Face Masks for the entirety of your stay
- Personal watch or alarm clock
- Average of $50/week spending money for supervised weekend outings if desired. ATM onsite
- Toiletries for duration of the program (shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, alcohol-free mouthwash, deodorant, hairbrush) *Bellwood is a scent-free facility – no perfume or cologne
- MP3 player if desired (cannot have a camera or internet connection capability)
- Appropriate and comfortable clothing for the duration of your stay *Please keep in mind seasonal changes in weather* (Don’t forget gym clothes, footwear to be worn at all times)
Please do not bring:
- Personal bedding or towels, these are provided. A bedbug screen (flash drying) will be completed if you have stayed in a detox, shelter or hotel prior to treatment
- Laundry detergent (provided by Bellwood, 2 laundry tokens per week are also provided)
- Valuables (safe is provided in wardrobe in bedroom for wallets, passports, cash, etc…)
- Magazines, body image books, pornographic materials
- Electronic devices (will be securely stored in our cellphone room)
- Outside food or beverages (candy, energy drinks, juice)
- Tight or revealing clothing, halter tops, bathing suit topes, thinly strapped tops, ‘muscle’ tops, short shorts/skirts, tight shorts or pants
- Camouflage clothing
- Gang, alcohol or drug associated clothing or logos
- If substances/alcohol have been used in the 72 hours prior to treatment then you will be temporarily placed in a detox room under medical supervision
- If you smoke cigarettes, ensure you have a sufficient amount for the duration of your stay
- No parking is available
- Breathalyzer test and urine test will be administered on date of admission. Random supervised urine screens and breathalyzers done throughout treatment to monitor community safety and compliance
- Bring a CPAP machine if this is necessary, or earplugs if you have concerns with snoring
- Community phones can be used daily outside of programming hours; each client has 20 minutes per weekday, 30 minutes per weekend day. Long distance calls are covered by Bellwood, no calling cards necessary.
- Take note of important phone numbers or passwords – cellphone access is limited
- Clients will not be eligible to leave property within the first 7 days of treatment
- Visitors are not currently permitted due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Photo will be taken upon admission (ID purposes for nursing staff)
- Clients are provided with a name tag and ID number that must be worn at all times
- Video surveillance is used on the premises to promote a safe and therapeutic environment
- Family program is included for an unlimited amount of loved ones
- No Outside Packages and/or Deliveries i.e. Amazon Orders
Methods of Payment
- VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Certified Cheque, Wire Transfer
- Debit may be used for the $500 medication deposit
This packing list can also be downloaded here
Any questions? Please feel free to call Bellwood anytime at 1-800-387-6198
We look forward to welcoming you into our program!